Drinking Water Supply
The Drinking Water Program protects public health by helping to ensure our six county area has safe drinking water. The program protects public health by helping prevent water related illness. We work with individual well owners and owners of community water systems, and offer these services:
- Provide water testing facilities for individual and public water systems.
- Provide information and answer questions about safe drinking water.
- Investigate suspected water related illnesses.
- Ensure building projects have safe drinking water before building permits are issued.
- Help to ensure that new public water system wells are located away from potential contamination sources.
- Review plans and monitor water quality for small public water systems. (The State of Utah reviews and monitors large systems.)
- Maintain drinking water records with information about large and small public water systems, including water test results.
- Assist the Utah Division of Drinking Water with drinking water programs
Here are some easy tips for disinfecting your home well and water system.
Other links of interest:
- Drinking Water and Health: What You Need to Know
- Real-Time Lawn Watering Guide
- Water Conservation Materials
- Utah Division of Drinking Water
- Utah Division of Water Resources
- Utah Division of Water Rights
- Rural Water Association of Utah
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Drinking Water
- EPA Ground Water & Drinking Waterl
- National Rural Water Association
- USGS Drinking Water Programs